Friday, November 13, 2015

Thankful...Part Three

Tomorrow is our last day of #2 at CMU (cue choir singing) and then we're headed to Philadelphia (story later). As a result, today is random with packing, cleaning, playing and watching videos (sometimes it's necessary...especially when packing is involved). Just because you're busy doesn't mean you can't be thankful!


Today

Today is my favorite day on the calendar...
Friday the 13th is a day that I share with my youngest son (we're both Friday the 13th babies) and, I'm not sure why, it makes me smile every time it comes around. So, in the midst of all the hurry today, I stopped to be thankful for my birth and that of my last baby here with us. Twice blessed :0)

Homeschool

There are many days that I am worn-out-exhausted and having our kids here all-day every-day makes me want to cry.  Then, there are days like yesterday. The day I took the two older kids into town to The Citizen Science Lab for a course on microscopy. How cool it was...the facility and the chance for the kids to interact with other students and learn lots of great things. I know we'll be regulars. What a great service for the city! (They also have weekend workshops so all kids and adults can experience the fun!)


Spending time with other home schoolers at the lab, going to a local college to take classes (even though we're skipping today to get ready), visiting with friends this morning then coming home to watch The Magic Flute as part of our Mozart study, I am thankful for this life that we have right now. I am grateful to be here to hear the questions and guide them to finding solutions. Even on the hard days, it's a wonderful life.

OK, back to packing. Wishing you all a safe and wonderful weekend, full of things for which to be thankful.

We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment