Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thankful...Part Nine

I guess it's actually part 10 since I had two threes but it seems trivial to jump ahead.

Today I'm feeling much better and I am thankful for that. I credit the "magic elixir" I whipped up on Monday.
sorry it's sideways
That's right...mushroom sauerkraut soup. I did not spare the juice this time- three cans! (Blondie said, "it's really puckery") and it did the trick. The Slovaks did a lot of manual labor back in the day and couldn't afford to be sick. I'm sure this came out many times during the winter to drive out the bugs. It was also good practice for me to get ready for Christmas Eve.

Ah, Christmas Eve. I can't wait but I'm not rushing it, either. I have a few more days to tidy up the house and then we're settling in for a month of prayer, fasting and quiet. Few outside obligations and lots of family time. I'm so happy to have worked to get to this point. I am thankful to have an Advent that will be family-centered as we wait for the Holy Family to make it to Bethlehem and begin the celebration of the Savior's Birth!

Today we're finishing up our classes and getting ready for Thanksgiving. I heard a marvelous homily yesterday from Archbishop Chaput about giving thanks, not just for our family, friends and life, but thanking first the One from whom all of those things came.

Happy Thanksgiving early since tomorrow is a busy day. Go to Mass first thing to make sure your vision is properly directed then spend the day in thanksgiving to God for all of His blessings in your life.

From the Marian Fathers...
A Prayer for Thanksgiving Day
Most Merciful Lord, gathering for this meal of thanksgiving
we offer You, as our Creator, our thanks and praise
You who teach us to love without limit
You who teach us to forgive without counting the cost
You who teach us to give without seeking return

May we honor You through our words and actions
every day, every moment.
May we worship You through our lives with others,
lived in kindness and tender care.

May we fully realize what St. Faustina came to know:
that in our thankfulness, true earthly joy resides
that in Your love for us we find the heavenly harvest
that strengthens our souls, until we reside in You forever.

Praise and glory to You, Merciful Lord,
now and forever. Amen. 

We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment