Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thankful...Part Five

"He will provide the way and the means, such as you could never have imagined. Leave it all to Him, let go of yourself, lose yourself on the Cross, and you will find yourself entirely."
— St. Catherine of Siena

Today I am thankful for a God who transcends the dark of this world...all we have to do is seek Him. The kids and I have a routine of calling certain sky formations "heaven clouds". They are especially so when there are many sunbeams coming out of the breaks in the clouds (see picture #3). That's when they tell me God is calling someone specific at the end of the sunbeam. I like it. I like that we're thinking about God in our lives. I like that, even when there was only one tiny break in an otherwise cloud-covered day we figured it was like the world, often full of dark and trouble, with God just above sending out His light.






Of course, today, we are most thankful for the mail. A friend has returned. (he runs to tell his sibs "bear friend is delivered!" so sweet)

We are blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I always think of you when we get a spectacular show of clouds and setting sun. Glad that bear friend is reunited with his buddy.

    And glad we'll be reunited with you all in a matter of days! (God willing)

    ReplyDelete