Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thankful...Part Ten

What a lovely day plus I've had around here...so much for which to be thankful.

Our dear friends and their wonderful family passed through a few days ago on their way to the East coast. It's always such balm to me...such a good fit for our family...so nice to see them even for a short time.

Last night I was able to sneak away for an hour to sit and have a cup of tea with my other dear friend. Two amazing ladies in one week's time...such a blessing to me. I am able to speak to them and gain a calm that is missing for much of life. I don't feel weird and alone when they are around. I am blessed by their friendship.
Did you see the full moon last night? Beautiful.
Then today, the day set aside for giving thanks. First, as in all things, head to Mass. It was wonderful to go as a family and see our kids on the altar but today was even more special. So many familiar faces joined together to give thanks to Him from Whom all blessings flow. Even better, four priests, a deacon and a seminarian on the altar...no Extraordinary Ministers needed! What a great way to start the day.

Home to fight with my turkey (didn't buy a bag...haven't cooked without one for about 10 years). So, we sent the kids out to watch the parade.


DH was kind enough to share his super-secret family recipe for keeping the breast soft and it turned out beautifully.
Yep...bacon.
Add to that wonderful things like roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic reduction and my aunt's famous jello mold. Wow, so much for which to be thankful.




We sent the ladies home, cleaned up, and watched two episodes of Leave it to Beaver before the little people went to bed. Now, I am so thankful to have several hours to sit with my beloved and share all the wonderful memories of the day.

Wishing you all many things for which to give thanks, the most important being the precious gift of life. May we all remember our blessings and be thankful every day.

We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment