Monday, November 23, 2015

Thankful, Part Eight

I don't know why but I'm not a fan of "holiday" weeks. For some reason, they always seem longer. The kids are clearly my genetic link since they've already given up work for the holiday (well, one in particular, the rest are plodding along.) As a student, I was famous for sneaking out a few days early every break and yet I was the prof that always gave a test the day before everyone left campus. Meanie.

I am thankful that today is a Feast Day and that means I have some leverage...no work, no dessert. That includes the main celebrant! Even the most paltry attempts at a treat usually end up producing the desired result. They're out there now, working on their version of a pumpkin still life.

Not a pumpkin still life...my paltry attempt at a dessert ;0)

The writing didn't work so I added the chocolate, which is better anyway. Next year, chocolate first then anchor...live and learn. Some words from Saint Clement to ponder tonight...

"We must," says he, "look upon all the things of this world, as none of ours, and not desire them. This world and that to come are two enemies. We cannot, therefore, be friends to both; but we must resolve which we would forsake, and which we would enjoy. And we think, that it is better to hate the present things, as little, short-lived, and corruptible; and to love those which are to come, which are truly good and incorruptible. Let us contend with all earnestness, knowing that we are now called to the combat. Let us run in the straight road, the race that is incorruptible."

We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment