Sunday, March 2, 2014

What did you hear - Sunday?

Matthew 6:27 NIV

The liturgy of this final Sunday before Lent was excellent for me...all about not worrying!

Truly, I think as I've grown in my faith, worry has been quieted a great deal in me. That is a huge blessing. Now, if I worry about anything it's probably about what other people are doing. Stupid, stupid. We tell the kids what DH's brother was fond of retorting..."Just worry about yourself". Good advice for yours truly.

Anyway, the first reading about even if a mother forgets her child, I will never forget you and the Gospel about not worrying what we eat or what we wear. Fabulous! If you feel that you're getting caught up in the latest styles (be it fashion or the newest "eating" craze) perhaps this Lent is a great time to work our way back to moderation.

As the priest reminded us, this freedom-from-worry doesn't mean we should do nothing. We should work as hard as we can to follow God's will and constantly redirect ourselves toward Him. In doing so, if we fall short on some things, it's OK. He is our loving Father. He will remember us and take care of all of our needs. We need to TRUST God! He is ultimately in control and will never leave us - not for one single second. How great is that?

We are blessed!
"Act as if everything depended on you; trust as if everything depended on God. "
-- St. Ignatius of Loyola

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised I caught that on Sunday, but that was a real eye opener for me, too- the whole not worrying thing. I spend way to much time worrying about this or that, and ultimately, not trusting in God-- something to work on this Lent. I hope you all have a blessed Lenten season!

    ReplyDelete