Wednesday, March 26, 2014

I'm in a mood...

in case you hadn't noticed... ;0p

I used to just stew in my mood ("sit with it" as the "good" doctors would say) but now I at least try to rectify the situation by doing what I can. So, I started walking on the treadmill and then I started jogging. Don't know why but I get no good endorphins from walking. Anyway, I also prayed the first two decades of my rosary but I find I will run off the side of the treadmill when I do that so I switched to music. Ahhh, I have missed this in the last 8+ weeks.

My mind still being in the "offering it to God" phase, though, caused me to listen to lyrics in a Catholic-inspired tone. You have no idea how many lyricists must be Catholic! (yes, I'm joking...pretty much.)

Safety Dance...Men Without Hats

...We can go where we want to
A place where they will never find



















And we can act like we come from out of this world














Leave the real one far behind
And we can dance



[Refrain]
I say, we can dance, we can dance
Everything's out of control




















We can dance, we can dance
We're doing it from Pole to Pole


















We can dance, we can dance
Everybody look at your hands



You get the idea.

So, there is another million-hit video spoof I won't be making ;0) At least it got my mind off of things and back to where they belong. After all, the blogs that were troubling me, along with my own issues of stress and pain, they're all pretty much first-world problems. How grateful I am when the Holy Spirit pulls me back to realize how very blessed I am. How blessed we are as a nation. With that, of course, come responsibilities for remembering our blessings and helping those with less.

“America you are beautiful . . . and blessed . . . . The ultimate test of your greatness is the way you treat every human being, but especially the weakest and most defenseless. If you want equal justice for all and true freedom and lasting peace, …then America, defend life.” - Pope John Paul II

No comments:

Post a Comment