Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Mardi Gras!

Thankfully, we're far from New Orleans and all of the craziness there. Here, amidst the melting snow and beautiful sun, we gathered with our friends to celebrate the last day before we enter into the season of repentance. I'm looking forward to Lent but I also enjoyed our "brinner" party - complete with gold, purple and green pancakes (and a mimosa or two!). I was having so much fun I forgot to take pictures of the actual feast...you can look HERE same stuff, different year.

I made the king cake this year and

one of our favorite friends found the baby! 

We opened up our Lenten box of Hope

and took turns putting away the letters of

ALLELUIA
 
 
Wishing you all a blessed Ash Wednesday and fruitful beginning of Lent. Salmon patties tomorrow!
 
I am so very blessed :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment