Monday, March 2, 2015

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

It's hard to believe he would have been 111 today!

We are taking an easy day (which is good because tiny is sick again...sigh) and enjoying some of the fruits of this amazing author. I can't read the books without laughing. It's a good thing for an icy day.

Our incredible library also gave us some opportunities for language and geography lessons.

 I have always loved Ned but I think "Steak for Supper" is my new favorite!

Yes, that's right. Green Eggs and Ham in French and One Fish, Two Fish in CHINESE! How cool is that? I read the French one but we stuck to the geography on #2. Whew. That would be a language to study. I'm not artistic enough, I think.

And, because it's Lent and we're thinking of others, we're working on a box-of-stuff for our favorite friends far away and also talking about some of the Seuss books that teach good lessons. Like Horton. Who is, clearly, pro-life. Yay, Horton :0)



We are blessed. and cold. Hurry Spring!






No comments:

Post a Comment