Sunday, September 20, 2015

Blessed Week

I sounded a bit whiny in my weekly wrap-up, sorry about that. I do become slightly overwhelmed and extremely tired these days. My exhaustion can exhibit itself as crabbiness... I do regret that. I'm sort of amazed on a daily basis how much God loves us and is willing to show as much if we just open our hearts and minds. I need to say that now since it's probably not always clear.

Today is my day off. I have lesson plans and another project but my mom duties are on the back burner. This is good since, as is usually the case after a hectic few weeks, I am dealing with a rather wicked throat ailment and Mr. G along with me (Kellie, I beg you, don't even think the "s" word ;0)) So I'm resting for the most part which is good because, while I'm resting I can do some planning on my laptop. There is a lot to plan and pray for over the next several days.

This is the beginning of a really big week! So many exciting things, so many people for whom to pray. First, of course, our Holy Father, who will be arriving on US soil in a very short amount of time.
Wouldn't it be a miracle if his visit could spur us on to making big changes in our lives? Changes to avoid distractions and focus squarely on God's plan for us.
On Friday, we will also be heading out on our personal pilgrimage to Stockbridge, MA. It is my fervent prayer that this will be a blessed opportunity for our family to concentrate on one another and on God. We are staying in the middle of the wilderness, in a barn
I can't wait...wood burning fireplace and lots of room to run.

If you don't know about Stockbridge, there isn't a whole lot to do. Mass/confession/rosary/chaplet at the Shrine all happen in the afternoon so I am excited to have slow wake ups, leisurely breakfast (they have chickens and we get the eggs!!!) then head out to pray and talk together. We will also hit the Norman Rockwell museum (school is everywhere!)

The final excitement for the week is the embarking of the pilgrims from ours and a few other parishes to attend the ordination to the transitional diaconate of our dear Adam Potter and his classmates. This man will make such a wonderful priest. He is honest and forthright and genuine. How blessed we have been to know him during this journey.
Join us in praying for the safety of the pilgrims and God's blessings on the deacons!



Today's project was finishing Adam's book. We went on our pilgrimage to pray for him and his classmates back in August and since then I've been working on a photo book about our journey and the lessons we learned. I have to say, I am extremely pleased with the way it turned out (even the mistaken city that I corrected with black sharpie...it shows my humanness.)

DH reading it to the kids. It was so fun to relive our experiences!

The plain packaging ;0) They are little black crosses...I had to dress it for travel. Not sure if it will have to be unwrapped...and no giant bows. 

Reading over the book before I wrapped it up was a great moment of thanksgiving to me. The book is done, which is good, but the book was a complete work of the Holy Spirit. The churches we visited, the words that explained the journey, none of this could have come from me. We said "yes" to the stirrings and it resulted in something that is so wonderful to me...from our side and, hopefully, his. The gifts and graces that come from following God's plan are beyond description. I am so weak that it comes so much less often than it should but I am so grateful to have had the strength and opportunity to complete this call.

Please pray this week - for the pope, for the deacons-to-be, for traveling mercies, for anything that you know needs prayer. I have a feeling it's going to be a wonderfully grace-filled seven days.

We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment