Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Like a child rests in his mother's arms

So will I rest in You.

(needle SCRRRRAAAATTTTCCCCHHHH...)

Have you met my 3-year-old?

So, instead of "what a lovely Mass we had" I will say, I wasn't resting and neither was he.

So it is (ahem) a coincidence that I would have this quote sitting in my inbox from Monday waiting for the appropriate post.
"You must not abandon the ship in a storm because you cannot control the winds… What you cannot turn to good, you must at least make as little bad as you can."
— St. Thomas More

That was me tonight, making as little bad as I could. I even had some peace about it. I just hate interrupting the service and missing pretty much the whole Mass to stand in the lobby with a naughty little boy. But that's our sacrifice, isn't it? We are mothers and fathers, parents, grandparents, who know that sometimes it's smooth sailing with the sun on your face and sometimes it's uncontrollable winds.

Either way, we are blessed.

St. Mary Magdalene, Pray for us!


Postscript...oh, if you think you've seen this quote before, you have. I just found it one year and one day ago HERE (ahem.) Guess July is a stormy month around here ;0)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment