Thursday, May 22, 2014

And...we're done!

Let's hear it - summer has finally begun! We have just returned from dropping off #1s portfolio to the local school district. I took all five along for the ride. It was worth it to see the faces of everyone we encountered. I'm sure there are people who would be offended by the looks and commentary but it just makes me :0) We are a witness everywhere we go - like it or not!

I'm also done, thanks to God, with all of my testing. This morning I had a mammogram and two types of sonogram...DH referred to it as the "yearly tune-up" - funny guy. They were checking on some symptoms that were worrisome. Thankfully it looks like I'm just old, nothing more devastating, so, I'll take it.

Females only - for those of you who have not yet had the pleasure of a mammogram...it's not that bad. Don't believe all the hype. It's uncomfortable but, in its way, kind of cool. I wouldn't volunteer to go once a month but I will not be too upset to conform once a year.

So, we're off to start Summer. I wish the pool were open today because it's hot and sticky. Perhaps we will just have some water play in the back yard. Whatever...I am just glad for the break!

Big brother arrives today for a four-day Pirates extravaganza. Stay tuned :0)

We are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment