Sunday, March 4, 2012

Casimir and Countdown

I don't spend a huge amount of time checking out the right side of my blog. That's mainly for the rest of you to provide helpful information when you're bored with my ramblings. I couldn't help but notice, however, that two things I've been waiting for have suddenly popped up.

St. Casimir
Today's Saint is St. Casimir. I have always loved this guy. He was as rich as he could be, son of a king, yet fought against the trappings of the rich his entire life. From childhood, he was dedicated to God. What a great story. For each child, I have tried to sneak in the name, just to "represent" for the Eastern Europeans in the crowd (besides, who wouldn't want a son called "Caz"). Alas, it's not to be in the Italian dynasty that currently rules the kids' names (although, to be totally honest, Antonin is Czech, not Italian, despite what Justice Scalia has to say). 

Less than 40 Days
I happened to notice that my pregnancy ticker says "40 days to go" today. It means, of course, that tomorrow will begin the 30's. I don't know why this is such a big deal but it sort of freaks me out. I can feel from the size of my belly that it's really close to the month mark now, and yet, I am nowhere near ready for a new baby. But, what can I do? Time marches on. So, I think I'll make a "to do" list today (even though that will probably unnerve me even more) and try to take one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment