Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Finally, SNOW!!!

I suppose, if you're a 4-and 3-year-old boy, nothing is greater than waking up to see SNOW. Really, truly, snow. Enough to use the shovels we got for Christmas!

So, trying to have a kindler, gentler, mom attitude, I didn't let the finding of boots, snow pants, gloves and hats hamper the day. I figured I'd just push them out the door and snuggle with little girl in the house. It turns out that little girl LOVES the snow and 24 degrees doesn't seem that cold when you're having fun!


 Doing their "work" for the day.

 I still can't believe I had a snowsuit for everyone.

 Steeler-boy :)

 Slides are more fun coated with snow and wearing a snowsuit!

What a beautiful first official (i.e. dad's back at work) day of 2012!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is great that you are doing this blog. As a practicing, but often failing, Catholic, I think you are a great inspiration. Although I don't know you well, I am pretty sure you are one of the best Catholics I know.

    On a side note, I admire you for leaving Facebook; I waste too much time on that site, but I do appreciate staying in touch with people that I otherwise would not.

    I look forward to keeping up with your growing family via this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Facie. You are very kind. We are all struggling to do our best in these often difficult circumstances. We're not in Heaven just yet!
    Happy to have you here :) Have a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete