Monday, October 3, 2016

Everybody wants to rule the world...

Lately, I find myself at my happiest when we're running away from home, to a place where no one knows my name or anything about my family except the judgments they make immediately upon seeing us (I understand...I do it often myself). Yesterday we drove to OH to attend the taping of Living Right with Dr. Ray


(more on that some other time) but, sigh, we're back to the regular routine today.

It's not without its glimpses of grace...the lovely woman thanking us for attending Mass, telling us how much it means for her and others to see us there. We had a nice Adoration at the Oratory as well, they have an hour of family-friendly time each Monday, but I had to laugh (quietly out loud...it's OK there!) when in the midst of pouring out my trials to Him, listening patiently in the Eucharist, a car waited for the light outside, windows down, radio blaring...

Welcome to your life
There's no turning back
Even while we sleep
We will find You acting on your best behavior
Turn your back on mother nature
Everybody wants to rule the world


It's my own desire
It's my own remorse
Help me to decide
Help me make the most Of freedom and of pleasure
Nothing ever lasts forever
Everybody wants to rule the world


There's a room where the light won't find you
Holding hands while the walls come tumbling down
When they do, I'll be right behind you
So glad we've almost made it
So sad they had to fade it
Everybody wants to rule the world


I can't stand this indecision
Married with a lack of vision
Everybody wants to rule the world

Say that you'll never, never, never, need it
One headline, why believe it?
Everybody wants to rule the world
Who knew the Holy Spirit liked my kind of music? LOL...seriously. "indecision married with a lack of vision"? Oh, my heavens, yes. Save me...I'm just trying to find a quiet place to pray and work in my small way to continue the Church. I have no interest in ruling the world. I have enough trouble with my tiny kingdom.

Is it November yet? (not because of the election either...)

No comments:

Post a Comment