Friday, December 26, 2014

The End of an Era

As of this afternoon, our house is without an assembled crib. Depending on whom you ask, it's been at least 9 years since this was true (I know we used the bassinet for #1 but she went out of it a few weeks later). Regardless, after almost a decade, it was a hard dismantling for me. After unleashing on DH about his lack of sentimentality, he came in a few minutes later and said, "Actually, I'm kind of glad you did it...it would have been really hard for me." Awww, I love that guy.

Some shots of the "great room(s) makeover of 2014"

 Sniff...well-used but still sad

 We stopped before it was finished. The dark beds will be bunked

 Heavens, he's cute! Needless to say, his bunk will be the bottom.

 Ikea pullout chair, formerly known as #4's bed

Moved next door to the playroom for lounging purposes. #4 got #3s bed and will have a padded headboard a la Grammy next week. "New to you" ;0)

So, as with all things in life, change (good and bad) are inevitable. Wishing you the blessing of mostly "good" change and the strength to make it through the "bad" as we move toward yet another new year (I guess I'm old since time moves so quickly now). 

We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment