Monday, December 8, 2014

Ready to roll!

or jingle, I guess...


Saturday is my 46th birthday! For my big day, I asked my four siblings if they would be willing to run a 5K with me. I am thrilled (and amazed...I'm the youngest, you know! LOL) to say they all agreed. So, the six of us (my sis-in-law too!) will be racing, or at least moving in a forward direction, up and down the riverfront at the Jingle Bell Run. Thanks to all of our great sponsors!

If you are reading this before Saturday, please keep us in your prayers.
I just picked up the shirts/bibs today and guess what? It's BLUE, which works really well today, on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception (G was so happy he got to sing the Gloria - he misses it, truly) or any Marian feast, of which there are many.

If you haven't decided to do it this time around, please look into the Consecration to Jesus through Mary and prayerfully consider this wonderful devotion. I can't say enough about how important it is to set aside time daily for prayer and this is one of the most powerful I've found. Mary, as our Mother, is the best person to lead us to her Son. What a gift it is to hand over all of our deeds and prayers into her most capable hands. How wonderful it is to work toward becoming more like her...willing to say "yes" to God's will. Blessings to you on this most joyful day!

Immaculate Conception, Pray for Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment