Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Maranatha, Day 3

OK. I don't have a lot of time right now...costumes to press. Still, I feel like I have to write down what happened so I can remember how awesome it truly was.

WATER DAY!!! Whew, got that out of the way. No idea what it was/what they did but they all had a lot of fun and no one broke a bone. Bonus.

This morning, before WD, the Passionists had a very full schedule. (there are no pictures because, as you know, I try not to take them in church). Use your imagination.

First, we talked about how people throughout the Bible acted when they came into contact with God/Jesus.

  - We read the account of Moses and the burning bush
  - We read the account of the Magi's visit to Mary and Jesus
  - We read the account of Jesus arriving on Palm Sunday

We reflected on how important it is to have proper posture, attention, and openness when in the presence of God.

Boom. Off we go to Adoration. They did really well (although I have to say there was only about 4 minutes of non-singing/non-reflection-reading Adoration). It was the 4th and 5th graders...I'm thinking they could have pushed them to silent prayer a teeny bit more.

Regardless, it was really wonderful to have that experience followed immediately by...Confession! Yes, and some of the little boys were scared to DEATH (cute). #1, of course, was second in line. That girl, she would go every week if I took her. No idea how it goes but I am so thankful that she is open to the grace.

As I said, I have to run. I just want to share all the awesomeness that is Maranatha. If you live in the South Hills, start badgering your pastor now about having this amazing program. I would love to not have to drive through tunnels/bridges to get there!

Tomorrow - Slovak Day! I can't wait. Three of my little people will be dancing so pictures will be forthcoming.

Enjoy this glorious day. We are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment