Thursday, December 19, 2013

Miss You

Today has kind of sucked. I know, I'm not supposed to talk like that but if you're letting your kids read my blog, that's sort of a discussion for another time. Anyway, if you care about it, read on.

1. On Tuesday, on the way to jury duty (say hello to juror #4!), an I'm sure otherwise kind and responsible man, stepped on my foot. Yes, that foot. The one with the torn tendon. So, today I met with the ortho and we decided that the surgery needs to come sooner rather than later. Like in the next month. The problem of where to put my five kids for four weeks while I don't put any weight on my foot continues (I'm not even thinking about the required stairs to get to a bathroom, bedroom, etc...I'm too depressed as it is). So, say some prayers, this is going to take one big bit of coordination. Where is the "village" that is supposed to raise my children? ;op

2. Today is also the 16th anniversary of my dad's death. I'm not going to rehash it. If you missed it last year go here. I was doing good today until I was on my way home from the doctor and the wave of grief just kind of washed over me. I stopped in to church to say some prayers because that's where I go when I am sad or happy. Alas, the cleaners were working all around in front of the tabernacle. Being an Adoration day, the chapel was filled to capacity. Sometimes you just have to go home and say your prayers from your bed.

Today I am missing several people. I'm missing my dad who has been gone for 16 years. Gracious that's a very long time. I was just 29 when he died. That seems like a lifetime ago. There are so many things, good and bad, that have happened in that time. I guess that's why I was crying today. So many situations that could have used him were left unfulfilled.

I'm also missing my two dear friends who have moved on from here. It's not like we met weekly or anything but I just felt more solid with them around. I felt like there were two people nearby that really understood what I was going through at any moment. Knowing that they are hours away just makes me sad today.

Thanks for letting me be sad. I'm thankful, as always, for my life and everything and everyone in it, trying as it may be at times. I am blessed.

2 comments:

  1. What a sad story about your foot! I wish we would be around to help with the kids. Send them out here for a week or two.:^) If it were possible, you know we'd be serious!

    Not that I would ever want you to experience such a day, but I am comforted some to know that I'm not the only one. Prayers for you on this most difficult of days, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're dealing with so much right now. I will say some prayers for you.

    "Rejoice, rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to you..."

    ReplyDelete