Sunday, April 28, 2013

Goosebumps!

Thanks be to God and a very helpful woman at Delta, we are on our way. It took over an hour on the phone and booking through two different airlines but it worked! I am overwhelmed (good and bad - mostly good) at the thought!

We leave here...
 
 
 fly overnight to here...
 
then hop a flight to here...


and eventually end up here...
 


I cannot wait to take our kids up to the altar, kneel and give thanks to Our Blessed Mother for guiding me through these last 8 years. How truly blessed we have been and how blessed we are to have this opportunity. Be assured that we will be praying for every one of you on our wonderful journey.

I am sure it will be more than trying at times to take all these little people all that way and yet, I know it's the right thing. I have handed it over and, amazingly, it all seems to be working out. The dates we wanted weren't possible so we had to change. Looking at the calendar, we realized that we're now traveling to and from on Marian feast days/holy days  - just coincidence? You know I don't think so!

Have a great week :0)

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! I didn't know you guys are traveling! Where are all these awesome churches? Is that first one Chartres??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We're having a family pilgrimage!

      The first is Notre Dame. I think we'll probably only see it from above. I wanted to take Sil for her birthday on the way back but it's 80 E cab fare from the airport. ouch. Maybe I can rent a car for a few hours. We're only on a layover.

      The second is St. Stephen's in Vienna. We'll actually be there for a day or two.

      The third is Marianska Hora in Levoča, Slovakia. We have family near there and I visited the year after we were married and had no babies yet on the way. A nun blessed me and said "come back in a year with your babies". So, we're going back in 9 years later with our 5 babies ;0)

      Please pray for us!

      Delete
  2. Notre Dame...okay, I feel dumb now - I should have recognized it! haha. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete