Sunday, March 10, 2013

Be Joyful!

Today is the fourth Sunday of Lent, also known as Laetare Sunday and it means we're halfway to Easter! Thanks be to God for that - really. I have almost 50% left to get back to my Lenten promises. (while at confession on Thursday, our priest told me that the halfway point is actually the Thursday before today. Upon reflection, I'm not sure if he was trying to make me feel better or light a fire). Regardless, it's a day to be JOYFUL and if you can't be joyful, at least be thankful...for everything you can find. I am...

- Thankful that my husband is currently out with all five little people and I am enjoying an only slightly-less-than-warm cup of coffee

- Thankful that last night was date night and I got to go to Mass with my spouse, alone, and actually listen to the readings, the gospel, AND the homily. Then we had some awesome Italian food and headed home.

- Thankful that we have the world's greatest mother's helper. Truly. For each child's birthday, she takes them out for lunch and then to some activity that is right in line with their greatest interest. This week was #3's turn. He had to wait a few months but, for this construction guy, it was worth it!

No idea what the names of these giant machines are but, seriously, this kid was in his glory. It was his very own day as Bob the builder!

- Thankful for friends. The really, true, share everything kind of people that only enter your life a very few times over the entire course.

- Thankful for this beautiful day. We were at the 40 Days for Life vigil again this morning and, compared to two weeks ago, it was glorious. Time spent as a family praying for good in the world...surrounded with beautiful sunshine. Ahhh.

- Thankful for this upcoming week and all the excitement that surrounds the election of a new pope. I am prayerfully impatient...asking the Holy Spirit to send showers of grace over the Sistine Chapel.

- Thankful for the understanding that this life is limited and the time we have is fleeting. So, instead of blogging, reading blogs, or doing housework, I'm going to head out and spend some family time in the sun.

Happy Sunday - Be joyful! (and thankful)

No comments:

Post a Comment