Friday, August 31, 2012

Baking bread

I think it was the entrance antiphon this morning at Mass but it could very well have been something else. I know it wasn't the first reading or the Gospel.

Forgive me for not knowing. Wrangling five kids in the pew (and it wasn't even wrangling today, really, they were quite good) can cause my mind to only catch half of what is said during some parts of everyday life.

Anyway, we heard this somewhere today during Mass:

The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed with three measures of wheat flour until the whole batch was leavened.

Matthew 13:33

 
If I'm not mistaken, it also came up at Communion.
 

So, whether it was actually there or my mind was just remembering the wonderful rosemary baguette that we consumed last night, I turned to eldest daughter after Mass and said, "let's make some bread." Of course she agreed. Even the little ones wanted a part of the action so, before naps, they got to feel flour, smell rosemary, and watch the yeast work its magic. Fun in the kitchen with science and math (oh, and religion - we made cloverleaf rolls and talked about the Trinity)!
 
 
 
 
 
A note added and they were delivered to our favorite Fathers :0)
 
 
 
Also, just in case you doubt the "give and it will be returned to you" teaching...while the rolls were in the oven, our angel of a neighbor stopped by with some tuna casserole. The tenfold part as well since my rolls were decent but her tuna casserole is the best ever!



1 comment: