Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Thank you, my dear Jesus


If you missed it, Sunday was Divine Mercy Sunday, the Sunday immediately following Easter Sunday. It's a wonderful reminder of God's love and mercy to us in our sinful nature.

This morning I was blessed to attend, with #s 1&2, a talk given by our parish school principal on the Divine Mercy. It would be a good topic from anyone but she grew up and entered the novitiate in Poland...a 45 minute walk from St. Faustina's convent. (they made the walk every Sunday to pray the Divine Mercy chaplet...some days I really would have liked to be a nun)
On February 22, 1931, Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ appeared to this simple nun, bringing with Him a wonderful message of Mercy for all mankind. Saint Faustina tells us in her diary under this date:

"In the evening, when I was in my cell, I became aware of the Lord
Jesus clothed in a white garment. One hand was raised in blessing,
the other was touching the garment at the breast. From the opening
of the garment at the breast there came forth two large rays, one
red and the other pale. In silence I gazed intently at the Lord;
my soul was overwhelmed with fear, but also with great joy. After
a while Jesus said to me, 'paint an image according to the pattern
you see, with the inscription: Jesus, I trust in You.'"


Some time later, Our Lord again spoke to her:

"The pale ray stands for the Water which makes souls righteous;
the red ray stands for the Blood which is the life of souls. These
two rays issued forth from the depths of My most tender Mercy at
that time when My agonizing Heart was opened by a lance on the
Cross....Fortunate is the one who will dwell in their shelter, for
the just hand of God shall not lay hold of him."

I've had Sister Faustina's diary on my nightstand for some time but I think now is the perfect time to begin. She is a wonderful example of someone who did her small work in this world for the greater glory of God. She is another witness to the graces that flow from saying "yes" to His will.

Since there is still a long time in the Jubilee Year of Mercy, let's start to turn our lives to Him and begin to act on the Works of Mercy whenever we see the opportunity. Trust me, there are opportunities everywhere and the sooner you do it, the sooner the world becomes a better place for everyone! Bless others and realize how much you are blessed.

Good to keep in mind...Mercy. Today. Always


No comments:

Post a Comment