Thursday, February 26, 2015

What a good Lent!

I know I'm maturing, if not always as a person, then at least in my faith. I know that because when I have a day like yesterday...tears, struggle, disappointment, I think "what a great Lent I'm having!" I'm totally serious, too. Yesterday was a perfect time to stop, pray, beg forgiveness, pick up my cross and keep moving, following after Him who said to do just that.

My beautiful friend, Kellie, had a very similar day yesterday and wrote about it in the most insightful way. Read about it HERE. I will write more about her one day but for now, I am so blessed to have her as a friend. She is so wise for one so young in age (and so mature in faith, life, etc.) It is a great gift to walk with her.

Ultimately, my day ended in the right place. I could have probably gone to the gym and sweated out my demons while waiting for cello group to finish. Instead, I ran to my Mother and asked for more protection. She lived through so much joy and pain and did it in the most amazing way. Who better to look to as a guide? I am blessed to have finally realized this. Better late than never ;0) (yes, I was sitting in my car. the church was dark - what's up with that...it's LENT - and it was very cold outside)

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins my Mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful; O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment