Friday, February 27, 2015

Five on Friday

I'm looking back on a very busy day (and week) and giving thanks.

1. 

 Thank You, God, for every morning that I awake. I am grateful for all the possibilities of the new day. Help me to always see Your hand in everything, large and small.

2. 

Thank You, God, for these kids. Help me to remember that every crazy-not-listening-rude-behavior-naughty day has at least one start-the-morning-by-building-a-grotto-in-the-living-room-and-praying-like-angels equivalent. 
 I wasn't willing to give them any Blessed Mother statues (fragile) so they settled for St. Francis with extra animals.



3. 

 Thank You, God, for allowing my home parish to undergo even more renovations, effectively closing it for the weekdays of Lent. Our search for a new home during this important season has allowed us, in a few short days, to experience some amazing work by the Holy Spirit.

4. 

Thank You, God, for Stations of the Cross and all the hymns that accompany them. 
Take up thy cross, nor heed the shame,
Nor let thy foolish pride rebel;
Thy Lord for thee the cross endured,
And saved thy soul from death and hell.
 It is rare that I experience a more holy time in church than at this particular service. There is something about walking Christ's Passion along with Him that helps my heart see the depth of His love for us. Today, especially, thank You for the amazing young priest who cut across the aisle to say "goodbye" to us and "thank you for coming" and "please let me know if I can help homeschoolers in any way" and "I am a great supporter of homeschool". How did You know I needed some reassurance right about now?

5. 

Thank You, God, for fish fries and time with "Grammy". Our lives are becoming crowded with things and sometimes the people get pushed to "tomorrow". Help me to know that tomorrow is only a possibility, not a promise. Help me to remember what is most important today. Help me, also, to remember this wonderful feeling of "full" tomorrow and when it is absent, help me to offer my hunger for those who experience it on a daily basis.
6. 

 Because it's so beautiful and someone far away might miss it just a little.

Thank You, God, for tonight's sunset. For the end of a wonderful, if busy, day full of prayer, family and fun. Thank You for these and all the blessings you have bestowed on me.

1 comment:

  1. #2- so dear
    #4- how awesome!
    #6- beautiful. I miss that Pittsburgh sky and the people who see it on a daily basis! :^)

    ReplyDelete