Friday, November 21, 2014

Five Favs on Friday

Nearly done with my shopping (actually I am done...now I just need to stop). Just in case you need a few ideas...

1. Book
Sorry to go on and on but You Did It To Me from Fr. Michael Gaitley, MIC is amazing. I'm pretty sure it would be awesome for any Christian, Catholic or not. What a great, action-oriented read. I'm all about pondering the scriptures but sometimes it's nice to do something.

2. Game

If you're looking for a really fun way to teach US geography without your kids finding out, this is your game! #3 is a master already (he busted me the other day when I was trying to move from NJ to MD) and it's our current go-to game. I would wager we play it at least 4-5 times per week.
 3. Little People Game

I wouldn't say we play the Sneaky Snacky Squirrel as often as Destination but it is a nice option for the 4-and-under crowd. Miles more exciting than Candyland (zzz) and the other like games. It also works on dexterity...always a plus.



4. Easy Shopping

I was talking with someone the other day and they told me they hadn't heard of Zulily. What now? Next to Amazon it's the name that is on most of the boxes that arrive on our porch this festive time of year. Toys, clothes for kids, adults and all sorts of cool house items...So, if you're like my friend, go HERE and get started. You're welcome.

5. Spouse Gifting...

DH and I ceased giving one another major gifts, well, I suppose when the kids came along. I don't know if it was a conscious thing or we just stopped one year but, most of the time it's all copacetic.  I say most of the time because I do remember one specific year that I was in a really bad place in my cycle and his mom was in town and...well, that's a story for another time. The rule is not hard and fast either. I will pick up a gadget or t-shirt if it seems particularly timely. I don't think I can pass on this...I think it will be his new favorite wear-out-shopping-on-a-busy-Saturday shirt ;0)

'
Perfect!


Get your shopping done soon so that you can fully and consciously prepare for His Joyous Birth on Christmas. We are blessed!
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, good. I got the Sneaky Snacky Squirrel Game on my Kohler spending spree last month, not knowing anything about it. It's in the Santa gift box.

    And I will have to check out the Gaitley vook. My mom may like that. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete