Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pray for Us!

Today is the Feast of St. Padre Pio. It's also my dad's birthday. I'm not sure if my dad knew that or not but I think it's pretty cool, just the same. St. Pio was an amazing man. It struck me as a little bit funny today when I was listening to a conversation about taking care of one of life's little annoyances and then thought of him, saying Mass with bleeding hands from the stigmata!

So, today, let's thank St. Pio for his wonderful example of offering up trials, big and small, in the hope of uniting our suffering to Christ's. We can all use that reminder.

 
If you would, please keep an acquaintance of mine close in your prayers. I have been watching as she is falling farther and farther into society, away from God. She always seemed fairly centered so perhaps she just needs some extra grace to carry her through this difficult time. Thank you.

On a funny closing note...Blondie just came in, "Mom, St. Padre Pio is on EWTN! He was a real live person!". "Yes, sweetie, all the Saints were real live people like you are before they went to heaven....you can become a Saint one day as well!" Stunned silence.

I guess it never occurred to me that they wouldn't know that. Kids are great teachers.

St. Pio, Pray for Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment