Monday, July 29, 2013

Unexpected blessings

Don't you love it when you're just kind of coasting in the day-to-day and BOOM...something great happens? I don't mean "great" like everyone makes it through a meal without spilling a drink. I mean you have a text/email/conversation that contains a nugget that stops you and makes you want to read/hear it again and again.

That just happened. My friend, whom I respect so much, said she was proud of me.

It's funny because it's probably not as earth-shaking as you had expected but it is to me. In these days when showing your real usually means exposing the not-so-shiny parts of your life, it stopped me to receive such a real and unexpected compliment. What a grace to me that she took the time to be real in that moment. How blessed I am to call her friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment