Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Choosing Life

Today, October 16th, is the feast of St. Gerard Majella, my Patron. I wear his medal and I often invoke him for myself (no, not currently ;0( ) or other women I know. He has certainly worked a few miracles in this household and I trust in his intercession. For those of you who don't know, he is the Patron Saint of expectant mothers and childbirth.

Along with prayers for all the women I know who are currently awaiting their newest blessings, today I will be praying for those moms who find themselves with such a blessing but who may not see it as such, at least right now. This is especially pertinent because we have been spending some of our free time praying with the 40 Days for Life Pittsburgh vigil at Planned Parenthood. The vigil is held twice a year and is a peaceful, prayerful presence to support and lift up women who may be considering or who have already had an abortion, along with their families and unborn children.

It's not always an easy thing to do but I know that if we don't speak out, so many more precious souls will be lost to this horrific process. I am especially happy that we are able to take the kids (on quiet Sundays) to pray and talk about the sanctity of life. I want them to know that it is their responsibility to love and pray for the unborn and their families.





Finally, we celebrated Mr. G's 6 month birthday on Saturday, the Feast of Our Lady of Fatima. It's hard to believe that this little guy has been with us that long. How blessed we are with this wonderful boy.

St. Gerard, Pray for Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment