Friday, July 27, 2012

Dear London Olympics...

Is it any wonder that geography is such a difficult subject for people these days? You could have allowed my family to witness the pageantry of the Parade of Nations, thus giving us a wonderful opportunity to see the vast diversity of those competing and allowing us to indulge our curiosity about different nations, customs and peoples. Instead, you chose to waste (mostly... the Mr. Bean bit was funny) two+ hours of our time on largely incomprehensible "symbolism" and a plug for Socialized Medicine.

I guess my children and I will be sitting down this week with our Chick Fil A and pouring over a world map and a handbook of world nations. Thank you. I relish the opportunity. (Along with yet another "teachable moment" of why network TV is a waste of time).

Rant over. Good night.

1 comment: