Saturday, June 16, 2012

Phil!

We have begun some very casual homeschooling this summer with kid1 and kid2. Part of this experiment involves taking advantage of any possible "field trips" that might present themselves.


So, when DH told me he had a conference in Clarion on Wednesday of course we took the opportunity to tag along, drop him off, and head to Punxsutawney to visit the famous groundhog. We talked about Groundhog Day (did you know the whole "6 weeks of winter..." is from a Candlemas rhyme?) and all things groundhog (did you know a baby g-hog is called a "kit"?). Of course, we played at the playground and had a picnic as well...all work and no play ;)

We made it!!!

They had differently decorated groundhogs all through town. Cute!

Phil was napping but we still caught a glimpse


Inside the library - D sporting his groundhog mask :)

Fun at the park!


Stay tuned for our next adventure!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am in awe of how you ___ with five kids (I don't know what the right verb is, just know I think it is amazing and impressive).

    For whatever reason, it pretty much took me until this year, at the age of 40 with an eight-and-a-half year old, to be comfortable enough to be semi-responsible for the child of another. I was pretty much afraid.

    Just this past week, I took my kid and a friend's two year old to the park to give my friend some rest (she had a week and a half old at home with her). Last year, I never would have felt comfortable doing that. I wish it had not taken me so long to get to this point. But better late than never, I guess.

    I hope you have many more enjoyable field trips and picnics in your yard to come. :-)

    ReplyDelete