Sunday, June 3, 2012

How we spent our Sunday

This was an a-typical weekend. We had a photo taken for our church directory Saturday morning and for some reason, I think because it was cooler, we decided to go to the vigil Mass. I'm not a huge fan because 5 PM is not a good time around here but we made it through. G and N slept the whole time and the other three were reasonable. Well, not blondie but, at 2, who is reasonable?

That opened up all of Saturday night and Sunday. Woo hoo, party ;0) As always, things happen for a reason. A friend called up to ask if her daughter could hang with us while the rest of the family took in a movie. What a wonderful evening! She is 12 and so gifted with smaller children. Our kids played games and laughed and had a great time for 3 hours...and with limited arguments! Needless to say, she'll be returning. I even had enough time to myself to make scratch cinnamon rolls. Well, almost. They didn't make it the whole way through the second rise because a certain little 13-pound cutie decided he needed a late-night snack. Who can say no to this?


Gosh is he cute. Sorry. I cannot resist little people when they start to smile. Ahh.

So, we stayed up WAAAY past our bedtime (I didn't go to sleep until midnight!) and slept in until 7:45 (the boys were threatened) and then found ourselves with a free day. Well, except for about 6 loads of laundry. Yes, I would rather not do that on Sunday but that is a discussion for another time.

Well. Where do we go on a beautiful Sunday when we have nothing to do?
The cemetery, of course. Actually it was dh's idea and a good one at that. I didn't even realize that G-man hadn't been there since his birth. It was wonderful as always. I know it's probably odd to a lot of you reading this but every time I see my kids running around, pointing out interesting names and racing to the tree and back, my childhood returns. It's not like we went all the time but I guess we went enough that it was burned into my conscience as a good memory. I want that for my kids. I want them to see the respect for previous generations and the honor of knowing your past and the completion of life on this earth, rather than being fearful. We'll see how that all works out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment