Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Nostalga

I am amazed by how many things have brought the past to my mind lately. Is this middle age? When you start reminiscing about the "old days"? They're not all good, by the way, so I'm not going to even go there.

Our Pastor has a cute little shih tzu, black and white, who is fairly old and has been in failing health lately. This has brought so many strong memories flooding back of Kaylee dog. She was such a sweet beast. It made me think, having nursed her through her illness, of how God was preparing me for my role as caretaker now. There are many(!) more diapers but some of the battles are so similar it's almost shocking. I know, she was a dog. They're a lot like 2-year-olds in some aspects.

Second, this raising kids thing...I have finally procured all the components I needed (pins and props mostly) and I just looked outside to see this
To some, a mere clothesline. To me, so many great memories of my childhood. Days of running in the back yard and through the sheets on the line. The smell and feel of those same sheets on your bed that night. Wow, that's some amazing stuff. I hope, by creating this little bit of "country" in our corner of the city, my kids will have some equally wonderful memories one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment