Monday, April 10, 2017

Our soundtrack for Holy Week

We've fallen woefully short on the "religious video only" during Lent so, for Holy Week, I've implemented no-video-only-listening (outside of 4-5 PM on EWTN of course). It gives least some assurance that, outside of Mass and rosary, our thoughts are in the right direction...more or less.

If you were near me at Mass this morning, you may have heard me humming during the Gospel, "try not to get worried, try not to turn on to problems that upset you, oh." I can't help it...it's just there whether I want it to be or not. Singing it on the way home was a great way to talk about Jesus's feelings of abandonment at this point and Mary's loving compassion toward Him (I also totally dig the voice of the guy that sings Judas...) I look forward to following along the week with song and the ensuing discussion.

Ok, wait a minute. You know that this is a week full of trial and sorrow for the most part so we do need a bit of lightness thrown in. If you listen and don't pay attention to the words, it's  lovely for meditation. If you do read the lyrics, it's pretty funny at times (I'm sooo identifying with the pigs right now, oresnay...) and you can get a good boost of Latin (pig and regular)...bonus!

If you haven't yet, get to Confession. Then, go to Mass, immerse yourself into the Triduum, meditate on the Passion of our Savior...what an amazing week.

We are blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Now I have that song in my head. I LOVE JCSS (and Judas- yes.) and was just thinking earlier today that I need to dig out my cassette (SO glad my can has a cassette player!) That may redeem this napless afternoon 😁 Ooh, and it just started thundering 👏🏻 XO

    ReplyDelete