Sunday, February 23, 2014

What did you hear?*

In hopes of thinking more about God and less about other things of the world, I'm going to try each Sunday (and when I'm lucky enough to attend daily Mass) to reflect on what it was that I "heard" - be it the readings, Gospel, homily, songs, etc.. What particular bit of wisdom did I gain by making the effort to worship in community?

Today was all about LOVE . I'm beginning to sense a theme ;0) The songs were beautiful reflections on God's love. The readings and the Gospel spoke about how God is loving and forgiving and we must be examples of his love and forgiveness to one another...especially those who may be most difficult for us to love and forgive. Ugh.

Still, I love a challenge. Like today at Mass when my not-so-little-ones are acting worse than their tiny siblings. Then, at that moment, it was like the Holy Spirit sat on my head and said, "For Lent you should love and forgive your children as I love and forgive you." I'm still praying on that one. I would much rather give up coffee and call it a day. I think, though, I'm at a place where I really need to work harder. I have to struggle and fail and, in doing so, it will be more fruitful. We shall see.

So, what did you hear today?

Have a blessed day, everyone! If you're in the South Hills, join us for Family Rosary next Sunday at 2 PM :0)

* Blatantly stolen from the Busted Halo show...though I think they won't mind.


“Stand fast, therefore, in this conduct and follow the example of the Lord, ‘firm and unchangeable in faith, lovers of the brotherhood, loving each other, united in truth,’ helping each other with the mildness of the Lord, despising no man”

(Polycarp, Letter to the Philippians).

No comments:

Post a Comment