Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Make new friends

but keep the old,
one is silver and the other gold.

I forget, what was it, Brownies? Who knows. Anyway, we sang it when we were little and, hey, it turns out to be true!

I had a long-overdue meal with one of my "gold" friends last evening. She truly is solid gold. What a wonderful time we have, always, despite the fact that we are so different in so many ways. It is so nice to have a few friends with whom I never feel competition brewing. I'm not sure why that is (I wish I knew so I could keep it out of the other relationships) but I am happy for the break.

Anyway, it was wonderful to catch up, relive the "old days" (when I had two kids) and have a nice meal. What a great Advent treat.

Then, I came home and this was in my living room
The smell, which hit me when I opened the door, was AMAZING. What a wonderful surprise!

Now the decision whether to decorate or not, since I'm currently trying very hard to keep Christmas from creeping into Advent. We shall see. I think the 5 little people will have a difficult time waiting. But, that's the point, isn't it?

More on that later, I must go find the St. Nicholas video ;0)


1 comment:

  1. yes, brownies.

    You could work the Christmas tree like an Advent calendar of sorts... first week, add twinkle lights... second, add some ornaments... third, more ornaments and candy canes (after all, it's Gaudete Week!) and lastly, the star, or angel or whatever tops the tree and tinsel. Or something like that. I don't know! You can still all be preparing and waiting while enjoying watching the tree become more and more beautiful every week! :) Just my two cents for what it's worth.
    Happy St. Nicholas Day!!!

    ReplyDelete