Thursday, April 12, 2012

One wake-up!

I have a friend who used to tell her kids, when they were little, about things to come in terms of "wake-ups" or "days and wake-ups". I suddenly find myself one wake-up away from the new baby. That's an exciting and terrifying thing. So, to keep my mind off the terrifying part, God has allowed me to interrupt my regular life with the following silly interludes...

1. This morning, as many of you know, the "announcement" went out a day early and with no information. I am thankful that (I hope) most of you figured it out and will allow the fact that I'm one day from delivery to soften your opinion of my air-headedness (why don't people use that term anymore? )

2. I cut myself badly enough to have to hold a compression on it for several minutes. Why does it seem, every time I have to give blood or have major surgery, I do this the night prior? Seriously, someone come lock up all the sharp things next time. I clearly cannot be trusted.

3. While making the "airport loop" to pick up Aunt Julie today, I stopped on the side of the road to quickly check her flight status. I didn't park because I had my pregnant self plus 4 little people in the car, one of whom was sleeping (not me). You can imagine that the red lights were kind of a downer when I looked in the rear view.

The officer came up and asked for my license, taking a peek in the car. Then he informed me that I would be receiving a parking citation. I was totally serene. I thought to myself, if this guy can look at the woman with the swollen belly and four little kids sitting 1/2 mile from the airport and still think she's some kind of terrorist, so be it. You, Sir, have no soul. Truthfully, though, when eldest daughter asked why the police officer was there, I told her I did something wrong and now I had to suffer punishment. Which is true. Still, if he were to see his way to a "warning" I wouldn't exactly have complained. Such is life.

DH was happy since, one day before delivering Dominic, I backed into this HUGE vehicle driven by a Secret Service agent which was parked at the gas pump at our local convenience mart. The guy proceeded to swear (a LOT) and tell me how low my IQ was. Wasn't he surprised when an extremely pregnant and weeping woman got out of the car? Hee, hee. Sorry, that day still cracks me up.

So, I bid you all Au Revoir. Catch you later with all the news that's fit to print about Baby #5 :)

1 comment:

  1. I can not tell you how happy I was to find this announcement in my mail today! God bless you all and enjoy this new little one.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete