Sunday, April 8, 2012

Alleluia! He is Risen!

Happy Easter, everyone!

I could see, from the quick downhill progression of my throat, that this Easter will be more low-key than usual. Knowing this, we got everyone up, took them to 7 AM Mass, and spent the morning giving thanks for Our Risen Lord. Well, we tried, anyway. The little two were pretty much asleep and the older two were content to sing a bit, read a bit, and space out. Considering it was standing room only (at 7 AM Mass!) that was the best we could have hoped for in the end.

We headed home and I stayed up long enough to help the kids make Resurrection Rolls. They are very cute and just what we needed to reinforce the message of the week.

You take a crescent roll (I used the canned ones) and lay it flat. Next, dip a marshmallow in melted butter and roll it in cinnamon and sugar then lay it on the dough. The marshmallow is Jesus and the cinnamon/sugar are the spices with which they prepared Him for burial. Fold it all over the marshmallow and voila, Jesus is in the sealed tomb.


Bake the crescent rolls according to the package and serve them with breakfast. The kids break them open and SURPRISE! No marshmallow (Jesus)!

Yes, she did shout, "Alleluia, He is Risen!" ;)



The inside of the roll is hollow, representing the empty tomb.

They weren't perfect for a first attempt, but I think everyone got the message.

Then I went to bed and slept for 3 hours. We're going to miss the Blessing of the Families with the Bishop today. This pains me greatly because, at 39 weeks pregnant and with my family, that is where I want to be this afternoon. Still, I can't push anymore. I need to get well and start preparing for the big day. Thus, it's back to bed for me. I am so thankful for a husband who can just take over when I need to rest, considering all the other things he has to do.

Leftovers from last night's Blessed Easter Feast for dinner. Simple and relaxed, just the way I like it.

I hope you are all enjoying the blessings of family and peace on this joyous day! Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. 'No more weeping, joy is coming to the world, He is Risen'.

    Keeping you close to my heart in prayer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOhhh, Maureen, did they do that with the choir in the robes all around church? That is one of Pat's and my favorite memories! He walks around singing and clapping his hands ;)

    ReplyDelete