Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Great Lakes Tour, Day 2&3

We woke up, had breakfast, and headed a bit north to see my brother. It was a good preview for visiting our friends in WI: they live down a long, wooded driveway; they have adorable little ones; and they have big, white, fluffy dogs. These guys are full grown. So glad they're friendly :0)
The view out their bedroom window

The stairs that lead to...

A very lovely lake

Mama was a bit stressed, though, jackets or not, it was too chilly to go into the drink
I don't have any pics of the furry babies (I forgot) and I can't include any of the human kind (they're still fostering) but, trust me, everyone was really cute and well-behaved ;0)

We went to vigil Mass the next town over and I was pleasantly surprised to find that, even though the posture wasn't Ad Orientum (visiting priest, they usually do), the Sanctus and Gloria were sung in Latin and when the Communion line began, the kneelers were placed at the front so that we could receive kneeling, on the tongue. This is not the only experience we would have like this...so it's not only the South! Praise God!

We had a nice night and headed out early so we could reach the top of Lake Huron and ferry our way to Mackinac Island. I wish I could find the pictures from our last trip...#3 was only 8 months old! What a cute guy he was. We retraced our steps (with two extra kids and one less father) and had a great time.
The ride over we opted for the back of the boat
Beautiful day, beautiful way to cross Lake Huron! #2!

Good view of the Mackinaw Bridge

The Grand Hotel (for you Somewhere in Time fans)

St. Anne's from the lake
We made it to the island!
Just down the street from the hotel...
Is the Gate House, where this little one was munching on celery 8 years ago!

The interior of St. Anne's

Beautiful, beautiful day
T-shirts and fudge purchased, we headed back to the mainland
So funny
I was so happy that our hotel was literally across the street from the ferry dock.  I booked this place because I figured, after three days, we would need some time to ourselves. The cabins were the perfect solution! Everyone within reach and no shared walls with other people!
Looking down from the loft (at our messy cabin) and my sleeping buddy


Cozy loft bedroom
Third bed, straight ahead. It was a really neat space. They loved the stairs and I love that I have kids who are all big enough to not fall down them (well, perhaps #1 if she is being graceful that day)

Sunrise over Lake Huron

Time to say farewell to our doorman and head across the border!
We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment