Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Rejoice Greatly

I've had Handel's piece floating through my head the last several days. When I stopped to wonder why that was...

This little-now-big-but-always-insightful-and-challenging girl

Twelve years have passed like a blink but they have been good, full years. She is moving into teenhood and still likes to hang out and be a kid with her family. Greatly!
Today, for the actual day, we got pedicures and haircuts. She chose blue...I know, you're shocked ;0)

Grammy gift...even looks like her!

Weekend party with the old girls

How blessed we all are to still have these matriarchs among us!

Friends

Homeschoolers are getting the "socialization" question all the time. We are so blessed to have friends who share our path and our desires for our kids. Greatly!
diving competition (the judges are floating in the top right ;0))

Little Miss Z...that girl is fierce!


It was a battle...so they were planning
Today #1 got to go all on her own for an hour...so this picture is missing 4 more kids!
God's Majesty

Yesterday's eclipse left me feeling a little over-sold, quite frankly. When I was scrolling through my pictures, though, this one grabbed my attention immediately.
I'm not sure why the giant sun-like orb is in the middle when the eclipsing sun is on the top? Anyway, a butterfly happened through the photo at that moment (yes, it could be a moth but I'm going with butterfly). A few years back at the Easter blessing of families, #1 had her butterfly dress on and the bishop reminded her that the butterfly is a symbol of the Resurrection. God's creation and love for us are all over that photo. Greatly!

Eyes

Sunday was a difficult day for me. We had fun at a picnic and then my right eye just sort of imploded. Literally, it looked like a lightening storm, but from the inside. It also looked like I was wearing dirty lenses, but from the inside. Nothing unnerves me like the thought of losing my sight. So, many prayers to St. Lucy, a trip to the ER and the ophthalmologist later, I have vitreous detachment (which is an age-related thing and relatively benign) not retinal tearing or detachment (although that could happen as the vitreous settles in the next month or so). I am so thankful to God for his gift of sight. Even more now than before. Greatly!
 
If you happen to be in the middle of a thunderstorm like we are (or whenever you need a break), feel free to put your feet up and listen to (or sing along with) this marvelous work. Nothing like a shout out to the Blessed Mother on the occasion of her Queenship....and "He shall speak peace" is really, really needed right now in our homes and in our country.

We are blessed. Greatly!

No comments:

Post a Comment