Friday, August 4, 2017

I like it...

I like when we randomly (ahem) pick a weekday to attend Mass, then realize it's the Memorial of St. John Vianney, Patron of parish priests.

I like it when, at said Mass, we have three priests (one of whom "just dropped by"..ahem) and a Dominican brother in the sanctuary.

I like the fact that the school through whom #1 will be taking science this year has an online orientation with lots of good things like time management, avoiding plagiarism, and a list of "dos" and "don'ts" when selecting your profile picture.

I like making it home from the pool before the thunderstorm crashes in.

I like sitting snuggled with the little people watching The Great British Baking Show while the storm thunders all around us.

I like family dinners and Fridays that find us with nothing to do but be together and relax.

I like parish festivals...especially those with a decidedly ethnic bent.

I like many, many things. I am blessed by these good things and I am blessed by the many trials I face. Mostly I like that I have a loving Father Who delights in my turning towards Him in good times and bad. He loves me even when there is no one else in the world who has time to care. I like that...so much.

Count your blessings today. If they happen to be on the puny side, count your crosses...then ask God to carry you through them. He will never forsake you.

We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment