Friday, November 2, 2012

It finally happened.

Sitting in the dentist's chair, full of Novocaine, the young (really young) assistant says (out of nowhere, really), "So, do you have grandkids?"

"No," I smile.

Pause.

"Do you have kids? How many?"

"Yes. (Smile)  Five."

"Wow. I bet it was quiet at your house since they're probably much too old for trick-or-treat."

Pause.

"No, actually my oldest is 7 and my youngest is 6 months."

You would think she would have stopped then but she did not. That was the most amusing part so I'll leave it at that.

My husband laughs because he's had it happen many, many times and this was my first. He also points out that, in our "village", I am actually old enough to have great-grandchildren. I disagree.

I'm really only agitated because I thought my hair looked nice today ;0p

No comments:

Post a Comment