Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Ocean City, "NJ"

I say NJ because it was supposed to be MD but, in a sleepless haze, it turned out that I booked the condo for NJ. "Oopsie", as dd would say. Regardless, it turned out to be a wonderful and much needed break.

Some ocean observations...

1. Our little people really, really love to dig in the sand. Knowing this, do we get a sandbox and risk "burnout" or just wait until that yearly (or every few years) indulgence?





2. For some, the beach is just a great place for a nap (wish I were the 'some')



3. Our two new house guests: Hermit (for the boys) and Shrimpy (for the girls). "Hermie" is very active and always moving while Shrimpy is usually resting or "reading the book inside her shell". Pretty much.


 
4. If one of our kids has a wiggly tooth, now we go to Hoss's. Magically, the last two trips there, we always leave with one less tooth ;0)
 
 
5. Even my 2-year-old can fly a kite. That is so cool to me!
 





6. Compared to our last beach trip, I feel like we're finally adjusting to our family unit. It wasn't a huge fight to go to dinner or get dressed for the beach or follow directions (OK, most of the time). Whether it is the salt air or the fact that we've finally found a groove, it was a great three days.






It's a lot of pictures, I know. Thank you for indulging me. Every so often I would look up and think, wow, this is a memory I don't want to forget. Is this what they mean by "it goes so fast"?

No comments:

Post a Comment