Wednesday, September 4, 2019

But all moms staying home won’t fix our culture.

I read this on Instagram today. It was part of a huge rant about many things, including women being told they can't do thus and such...it made me sad. When did women forget who they are? When did they decide they have to strive for so much? I think if most of us looked at our husbands and the stress they carry from providing for and protecting...perhaps we wouldn't be all that interested in taking that on.

I'm sure the poster is correct. All moms staying home won't fix our culture. All moms shouldn't stay home. It's a pretty intense level of selflessness that not everyone can muster (I fail many times a day...no perfect pictures here). I guess my sadness is that yes, the culture is broken and, yes, unless the people whom God has endowed with the gifts to nurture and love start choosing to do just that...there is no fix in sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment