Wednesday, December 19, 2018

I forgot

Today is December 19. Twenty-one years ago, my dad was 1/2 mile from home and a truck driver "made a bad decision" and drove over top of his Honda. It was a nasty wreck and a nasty aftermath. It's never a nice thing to bury a parent three days before Christmas.

Looking over the blog, there have been several blog posts, like This One on the 15th anniversary. It has been a good thing to process and write about my feelings. I'm so grateful that I have this outlet.

Today, though, it wasn't until around 11 AM that it occurred to me that today was the day. Immediately after realizing I had forgotten, I also realized that I wasn't sad about it. I didn't feel guilty that I had forgotten. I had only peace. Somewhere in my mind or heart (wherever it is that God speaks) I was reassured that my dad, finally, was in Heaven, his eternal reward.

We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment