Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Glorious Day!

Can you believe this day? It's really the most beautiful we've had so far this winter, I think. This is the kind of day that makes me want to go out and dig in the dirt. What a great day.

The older two kids went to school and spent the rest of the day with Grammy. The younger two went to Mom's Day Out during which time I went to Mass and had a cup of tea with an amazing woman who's company was as refreshing as the beautiful day. After my "mommy break" I picked up the little two and had the best time looking at all of the amazingly BIG things at Sam's.

While I was unpacking the car, this greeted me in the back yard.
Awww. Is that not the best? I love days like this. Every slight, every concern, all things wash by me. I feel so strong and it's a rare and wonderful thing.

I do believe I had this specific day because of the email I received this morning. A woman with whom I have been friends for a very long time took a minute to catch me up with her life. She has two young kids (under 5) and her husband went into the hospital a few weeks ago with what they thought was the flu. I'm not going into all the details but it's turned into a nightmare. Life support, highly risky surgery, loss of some function in extremities, etc. and I'm not sure where it even stands now but from the information she gave me, it's not great.

So, if you would, please pray for my friend and her husband. I can't even imagine what the family must going through. What a terrible time for them. Please lift up this family. I know that it will help give them some peace of mind at this difficult time. Thank you.

On a beautiful day like today, take even more time to count your blessings. Also remember those who need our prayers. With all the craziness in the world, it is so important that we support one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment